Monday, July 13, 2009

The beginning of the journey

Everyone ought to google "symptoms of rectal cancer" so they can be aware of any disease in their own bodies. My symptoms began intermittently a few months before my diagnosis on June 26th, 2009. After I had all the standard tests and procedures the doctors concluded that I was facing Stage 3 Rectal Cancer. My aggressive treatment is going to include 6-8 weeks of chemotherapy and radiation... chemo for two days every other week, and radiation 5 days a week. After that 6-8 week attack on the tumor, the surgeon will go in and remove any suspicious tissue that happens to be remaining. (I hope you are all joining with me in prayer that the entire tumor rots, whithers and dies!)
After surgery and about two weeks rest, I will likely take additional chemotherapy for four months in order to take a very proactive and aggressive approach. Surrounded by your prayers, my family and I are ready for the battle.
I have already felt so loved by the outpouring of everyone's love and concern and I thank you for that. I invite you to read the verse at the bottom of this webpage. It is the verse that I am encouraged by daily.
My sister Heidi has graciously offered to coordinate meals for my family. She can be reached at mailto:HeLanini@yahoo.com or 602-380-6050. Above all, I thank you for your prayers for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment