Thursday, October 1, 2009
Were counting down.........
Hope everyone had a great week. This morning I had a small procedure done by my surgeon prior to my big surgery. He needed to look at my tumor and see what kind of reaction it had to the radiation. Basically he found that the tumor had shrunk to about half its size. He was happy with the result and said that we were on the right track. Of course, I was a little disappointed and wanted him to say there was nothing there but then again that's why were having the surgery. The nurse who was helping with the procedure saw the port in my chest and said "I have a port too" She had just finished fighting stage 4 breast cancer and was in remission. She said that I was very fortunate to have a curable stage 3 cancer. Honestly when your going through this you really put everything into perspective. I know it can always be a lot worse and I was reminded of that this morning by my sweet nurse. I have another scan tomorrow and then I'm basically done until my surgery on October 26th. Mike and I are going on a much needed vacation on October 9th. Were going to stay at my parents place in Coronado. I'm very excited and ready just to hang out with my husband and have some time alone. The kids are doing very well. Blu is enjoying kindergarten with all his buddies and Lexi just got a big part in the school Christmas play. I'm very proud of them both. I'm really trying to enjoy this month before the surgery. I feel great. Please keep praying and have a wonderful week . Love Bran
Psalm 61:5 Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment