Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lexi and her cousin Presli

Hope you had a great weekend! Mike, the kids, my friend Kathy, and her two kids, went to the cabin this weekend. The weather was beautiful and cool. Kathy had never been there so it was fun showing her around. We actually stayed up until 2:oo a.m. talking. Oh my gosh, were way to old to be doing that. We were sooooooo tired the whole next day but we had so much fun riding motorcycles and hanging out. Okay, my surgery is scheduled for October 26th at 1:30 in the afternoon. That's the day after Blus' birthday and like I mentioned before it gives me a little more time to put on weight and get healthy. I've gained ten pounds and would like to gain ten more. (don't you all feel sorry for me I have to eat ice cream every night HA HA) I've never in my life tried to gain weight its so weird. Second, Mike and I saw my oncologist yesterday and no matter what I will have to get four months of chemo if my body can take it after I have healed from my surgery. We will use different chemo drugs but were going to at least try. I have to admit I did get upset even though I knew that's what he might say. I guess I wasn't really ready to go there (emotionally) but I know its the best thing for me. My doctor is ultra conservative and that has been his plan from the beginning. He told me the goal is to have 1 hard year to give me 40 more good years. Mike and I say AMEN TO THAT!!!! Everybody wants to know SPECIFICALLY what to pray for so I'm going to be specific. 1. That I'm cancer free after surgery. (or right now would be fine to.) 2. That their are no complications with surgery and no infections. 3. That my family and I have no fear, and peace that surpasses all understanding. I would really be grateful if you would join me and all the people who are praying for me and my family in praying for these specific prayers. Prayer has truly given me peace through this time in my life. I pray for all of you to and thank God that so many people have us in their prayers. We are so blessed and lucky. I can't even tell you how many people that I don't even know come up to me and tell me I'm on their church prayer lists and they won't stop praying until I'm healed. How cool is that! Alright I've talked your heads off. Enjoy this weather and have a great week. Thank you again Pray Hard! love you Brandi
one of my favorite verses. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. Here is a verse for you as you prepare for surgery: "Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong courageous and firm: fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you."
    LOVE YOU GIRL! So proud of you!
    Dee Ann

    ReplyDelete