Sunday, August 30, 2009

IM COMING HOME I WANT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!

Well last thing I REMEMBER IS TAKING MY KIDS TO THEIR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ON THE 18TH. THAT DAY I had to get chemo, radiation, and a blood transfusion. While getting my blood transfusion I spiked a fever of 103. They stopped all treatment and admitted me in the hospital for the third time this month. Obviously that chemo and my body do not like each other very well! My mom and I were relieved when the Doctor said no more chemo for you....It made me so sick.....All my blood counts were down, I couldn't break my fever and I couldn't keep food down and they started feeding me intravenously to which I was very thankful for...Slowly I started recovering and I did finish all of my radiation treatments while being hospitalized ....YIPPY I'M DONE. Needless to say its been a rocky ride. While your in the hospital all they do is run tests and its very scary. They throw things out that that make your mind wonder and get you worked up emotionally. Like what if my cancer has spread? This is where the real fight is, right in your mind. This is when you have to focus and press into God...I want you to know that it is not easy for me to share my deep inner feelings with a bunch of people its extremely uncomfortable for me but this is the journey I have been put on and this is who I am and how I deal with the circumstances I'm in my life. During the times I would get scared the most I would cling to the promises of God and pray. For example, one of my devotionals I read on a very hard day was this......"Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope. As I told you my disciples in the world you will have trouble." God is also the Father of restoration and compassion to his beloved. It is his nature to bless and restore us after we have walked through the storms of life. And it is our nature to confidently trust and receive this promise: I my self has seen this happen many times in my own personal life which gives me more faith to hold on to truth, and that Gods word never fails, for he has overcome the world.(Joshua 21;45) Thank you again for your steadfast prayers and encouragement I'm so blessed to have friends, family, my mom ,Dad, sister and all the people who are faithfully on their knees praying for us. We are humbled.....That's all I can Say.... Trust in God and Lean not on your own understanding.....I love you God Bless. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Now I need to go eat I'm nothing but skin and bones. Yuckkkkkkkkkkkk

5 comments:

  1. sorry I wrote this fast and their are a lot of errors brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, you made me laugh and you cry while reading this, only because of your comments that you wrote so fast that you made errors! (You deserve errors, girl!). Dennis and I were at church this morning and a bible verse just stood out to us that we SO believe is true for you and the rest of us! Romans 8:18 says: "Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory HE will reveal to us later." We immediately thought of you! We love you and pray for you every day (multiple times per day as a matter of fact!!!). We keep
    Emily and Nate up to date and they pray for you constantly as well! Eric too! So glad to see that you are home now and able to be with your family! Family is sooooooo precious, and so are you.
    Lots of Love from us!
    Den & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brand,
    Soooooo happy to hear that you will be going home. Glad you are keeping your mind close to your heart and not letting it wander too far. A little contemplation prepares you for the future but too much can set you back. Dakota went to the river today and said that she picked out a river rock for you. We talked about how sweet you all were to her and laughed about finding Blu's sch. picture under her bed when you left after a visit. When you are feeling better we will bring it to you. You are in our thoughts and prayers every moment. We LOVE you! Now go eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bran,
    I feel like I've been holding my breath forever waiting to read good news. I busted out crying when I read you were home and through the worst of it. I loved reading your post and am constantly amazed by your faith and strength. Well, not really surprised by your strength now that I think about it, you've always been a bull. I love you and miss you very much.
    Jen Grieves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny I love and miss you to. Thank you for being a part of this with me...I hope all is well with you...

    ReplyDelete