Monday, August 10, 2009
Firemen always end up at the ER in the middle of the night...
This is Aunt Barrie blogging again for Brandi. I tell you, it sure is hard to keep firefighters out of the ER! Mike took Brandi in again this morning with symptoms similar to last week. They hooked her up to some fluids and she began to perk up. Seems that there are some hydration issues. (If you've ever had a really bad case of food poisoning, triple the experience and then you have some idea of what I'm talking about.)
I got to sit with Brandi around noon time and she looked great. The doctor is hoping that all the excitement is due to the dehydration and fortunately that is easily solved. He's not too concerned that the chemo schedule may be modified because he put Brandi on the highest dosages imaginable and he said she has lots and lots of wiggle room. Yeah.
As you pray for Brandi, please pray for all of her doctors and nurses, too. They work so hard and probably don't get half the credit they deserve. The nurses can turn a bad day into a good one just by their compassion...
As I sat with Brandi, I was so encouraged by her faith. I know she is always encouraged by all of yours, too. I was reminded of Romans 1:12 "When we get together, I want to encourage you in your own faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours." Let's all keep praying hard and encouraging one another in the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



God was speaking to me today telling me to continue to "keep the faith" and not be shaken...then I went to the store and saw a decal for a shirt that said "FAITH--our soul has escaped as a bird out of the snare of the trapper; The snare is broken and we are free." Psalm 124:7 and as I was grabbing it to buy, I heard a familiar voice in the aisle behind me, PAM, Hailey's mom, the embodyment of FAITH!!! We spoke and I felt so much better!! She sends her prayers, too! Then I came home and started to read one of my devotionals for today and it read "Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith" (I Peter 5:9, NLT) TAKE THAT SATAN!! BOOYA!!! LORD you are my strong tower! I trust you with my precious cousin!! AMEN
ReplyDelete((HUGS)) ((HUGS))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --Natalie
Her story is touching so many lives. I don't know Brandi on a personal level but know her extended family...we are all praying for her every day and her story is touching so many already. Thank you for sharing and updating on this blog. Here is some scripture to add and share~
ReplyDelete..."It is through faith that a righteous person has life." (Romans1:17 NLT)
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us-they help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. (Romans 5:3~5 NLT)
It is so hard to "rejoice" during times like these but God's word is comforting and trusting he is in control and knows what is best for us is not easy to do. Brandi seems like an amazingly strong women and a wonderful example. We are all sisters in Christ and we send our love and continue to lift her and her family up in prayer...
Paige Tornberg and Family