I know its been a while since Iv'e written but we just met with my surgeon yesterday. I will find out the exact date of my surgery on Monday, but it will for sure be at the end of October. That gives me five weeks to put on weight and get as healthy as I can prior to surgery. Mike and I both love our surgeon. Lets just put it this way, he is extremely confident ha ha and we like that. He asked me if I was ready to go and I said absolutely lets do it. I will be in the hospital anywhere from three to five days if all goes well. He will go in (maybe with a robot) which I hear is very cool and take out the tumor as well as any tissue around it ( a pretty substantial amount). They will then send the tissue out to pathology and that will determine wether or not we are done, or I may have to go round 2 with chemo. I want you to know that my hope and prayer is that I'm done after surgery, but I also want you to know that I have made peace with whatever I have to do. God has taken care of me throughout this ride and he will continue to do so until this process is over.Secondly, prior to me starting chemo my best friend Kathy and about 20 other women came to my house and prayed for me...We had so much fun. We ate dinner sat on the floor and sang, laughed, cried, and prayed. It was a time for women to encourage women and it was a blast. Were going to do it again before my surgery so I will let you know the date as soon as I find out the exact date of my surgery. If this isin't your cup of tea its totally okay. Please don't feel obligated to come. I would only want you there if you want to be there. And most importantly its not a time to be sad! We like to have fun.
The kids and Mike have been doing extremely well. Emotionally Ive been doing pretty good. I do have my hard days especially when I get to tired but for the most part I have a tremendous amount of peace. I know its because of all the people who pray for us everyday. It gives me such great comfort to know that people have surrounded my family with prayer. Words cant describe how grateful we are to have such beautiful great friends. Honestly we couldnt have made it without you. Thank you again for all you have done. We are humbled from the bottom of our hearts. I love you guys. Brandi
And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have the power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide, and long, and high, and deep, is the love of Christ for you.Eph.17



No comments:
Post a Comment