Saturday, December 5, 2009

round 3 THE GRIND

Since this is the last part of the process my husband named it, "THE GRIND". I will start chemo next week. I still don't have all the details but I will find out Monday how long he wants me to do this. I'm pretty sure it will be anywhere from 4 to 6 months. We were having complications with my insurance co. because of the new drugs, but my Doctor is so cool he said "I don't care if it hasn't been approved yet I want her in ASAP and I will worry about the rest." In the beginning I asked for people to pray for the Doctor God wanted me to have and not only did he give me an awesome aggressive doctor, but a very personable and compassionate one as well.. I'm so thankful. He always tells me in his Indian accent "Brrrandi don't be so hard on yourself this is hard stuff". Isn't that sweet.. I do know that I will only have to go once every two weeks. That means if I start next week that's usually a hard week and then the week of Christmas I should feel good. My husband is ready for me to get started, he told me that if he had to he would carry me across the finish line. Even though nobody wants to go through tough times such as sickness, or relationship problems etc, I believe if you hold on to God he will not only get you through it but you will see many blessings. Our friends and family have been so good to us, just yesterday a fireman showed up at our door with his 2 kids and said its pizza night, here are two pizzas for your family and then left. Those things happen to us all the time. what a blessing it is that my children get to see such caring people taking care of us and thinking of us all. Mike and I are so humbled and thankful. I also want to give a shout out to my husband who has been a rock throughout this process. Words can't describe how good he has been to me and my children. I actually called his Dad this morning and thanked him for raising such a loyal and trustworthy man. I'm not saying these things to be cheesy I just want to give hope to people who are struggling. Your not alone and you can make it through, hold on tightly to God and your family. The struggles we face will only make us stronger and more compassionate towards other. Have a merry Christmas I'll let you know how the first round goes please pray my body tolerates this new medicine..We love you Brandi

Our broken lives are not lost or useless. God's love is still working. He comes in and takes the calamity and uses it victoriously, working out his wonderful plan of love.. Eric Liddell

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brand, we've never met. I go to church with Barrie and Mike. My husband is going to have surgery (for what I believe is the same thing you are going through) the end of December. Barrie was kind enough to share your journey with us so we might have an idea of what to expect. I can't tell you how your words have touched my heart. Your spirit is so beautiful and comes through loud and clear through your words. I am so happy you have such a loving and supportive husband, family and friends. You are in my prayers each day. Thank you for letting us inside your world. Grace and Peace. Pam McVeigh

    ReplyDelete