Tuesday, December 8, 2009


Today I start chemo at 1:30. It usually takes 4 to 5 hours. I still do not have all the details. All I know is that its 2 different drugs then the ones I had last time that I was allergic to. I meet with my oncologist tomorrow and will finally see how long he wants me to do this round. I really only received one complete dose the first time, and I was supposed to have 8. My Father-in-law Doc Sham will be going with me to my appt. (I'm bringing out the big guns. ha ha). Mike and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I keep remembering the first time Mike and I went to see my oncologist. The first thing he told us was"If you give me one year, I will give you forty, that is the goal. But its going to be a tough long year, so try and view it through that perspective." Okay were in, Mike and I said we can do that. So were half way through. I hope the worst is over. I'm just praying my body will tolerate these new drugs and I can finish the process. Please join me in prayer and pray that I'm protected from sickness. I feel good both emotionally and physically. My mom is going with me today and we will be doing my Christmas cards. I also finished all my Christmas shopping yesterday so God's timing is perfect. Thank you again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me. My faith and your prayers are what sustain me. Have a wonderful day. Love Bran
Jim Cymbala describes FAITH as......
What is faith? It is total dependence on God that becomes supernatural in its working. People with faith develop a second kind of sight. They see more than just the circumstances, they see God right beside them. Can they prove it? NO. But by faith they know he's there.......Faith alone is the trigger that releases hope and power.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, what a stunning picture of you two.

    You are, and will continue to be, in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of and praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness I finally found this blog! I love it ! I was just listening to your song, Fight Like a Girl! Amen sister! You are soo blessed! And I am so happy to see all your photos! I miss you , Yoga, n Hiking buddy! And your precious children! My kids pray for you n yours every night ! And I wear my bracelet everyday so you get lots of prayers ! I believe in the POWER of prayer! Hang in there and continue to Be blessed ! You are an angel! God bless you ! Love you dearly , EQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray God gives you strength throughout your treatment. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Your family is so beautiful! I love your family photos on your Christmas card. I wish you much health, love, and happiness in 2010!
    Kathy and Family

    ReplyDelete