
"We can rejoice too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us, they help us to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God LOVES us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." Romans 5:3-5
I know that none of us truly want to rejoice when we suffer but the way I see it that's just a part of life. After Michael and I finish climbing this mountain I am sure there will be another one somewhere along our journey in life. The good news is that even though these times "suck" (lets just be honest) they do help us grow and truly appreciate what is important in life. I do feel a sense of strength and confidence knowing that we overcame something that potentially could have destroyed us. I now pray that God will give us a time of peace and restoration. Please don't stop praying for us. We truly want to move forward and not allow cancer to define who we are as a family. I view this as a storm that has been weathered with the help of many. I also have some more good news. As I told you before I met with my surgeon to see when he would remove my illiostomy. I had heard that I would have to wait several weeks after my last chemo treatment which is May 11th. I didn't want to go through the summer with it and to our surprise he said he would reverse it at the end of May. I couldn't believe it. I will hopefully be done with it all by the first of June. We have already planned our vacations and will be ready to roll out of town for most of July. It will be a much needed vacation for my family.We have all worked hard and now its time to rest and allow my children to not hear the word cancer for awhile. I am so excited! Mike and I just celebrated our 12th anniversary. We celebrated the fact that I am alive, that we got through this horrible year, that our kids made it through school under an extreme amount of pressure, and that God and our friends are so good. We had the best support system ever. The Fire Department has been so good to us as well. We truly are so blessed... Thank you again, keep those prayers coming and don't ever give up on all your hopes and dreams.much love. Bran
" I love the Lord because he hears and answers my prayers because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I have breath" Psalm 116
No comments:
Post a Comment