Can you believe I actually have four left and yes I still have my hair. (people ask me that all the time HA HA) It's a little thin but I'm thankful for every bit of it. Okay, all of our wonderful friends and family always ask what they can do for us, so this is what I'm asking. Next month is going to be a very significant month for me. Mike and I have hoped and dreamed that we will be finished by June (exactly one year from when I was diagnosed) so that over the summer my body can heal, and we can have precious time enjoying our family, vacationing in cool weather, and move forward with our lives. That has been our hope since the day I was diagnosed. I have a PET scan April 8th. If that is clean I will have three chemo treatments left. May 11th will be my last one. How cool is that right before my kids get out of school. And then we can schedule my surgery to reverse my illiostomy. It was temporarily placed so that my body would have no chance of infection. Like I have said before I have very conservative Doctors. I see my surgeon April 19th to possibly set a date for June and then I will be finished. (ahhhhhhhhhh)! So I'm asking all my prayer warriors to get on their knees and pray. God has had his hand on my family throughout this journey. My children have persevered along side Mike and I. We have tried to maintain somewhat of a normal life for them and we could not have done it without our amazing support group. I will never stop thanking you for the kindness we have been shown. We have had our share of really bad days but we also have very good days. I say this because I know their are people who read my blog that have also been diagnosed with cancer and I hope that this encourages you; that their will be an end. It has been a long year I know you are just as tired as we are. Mike and I have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for hanging in there with us it means so much to my family. BrandiTHIS IS MY HOPE:
And the God of all Grace who called you to his eternal glory in Christ; after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast. To him be the power forever. Amen 1 Peter 5-10



Dear Brandi,
ReplyDeleteI am in the Czech Republic right now visiting Emily and Nate and we have just read this together (while crying because I read it out loud to them :) They pray for you always (and you know we do as well). I know tomorrow is Chemo Tuesday, and like your dad said, FOUR & NO MORE (he's a wise man :)! We love, love, love you and can't wait for this to be over for you and your family!
Give everyone hugs for us!
hugs, hugs, hugs to all!
Jamie
Hooray!!! Attitude is everything when you are going through treatment. So glad you're nearing the Finish Line! Aurora's Mom, Gwynn
ReplyDeleteGit er done! We are so proud of each of you. May God bless you and keep you. Alleluia.
ReplyDeletePosey and John