I had someone tell me the other day that they were so upset because it seems like many people who were good people are going through very difficult times in their lives and he was very angry asking why would God allow this? Don't get my wrong there have been many nights where I lay awake crying and wondering why God would allow this to happen to me and my family. I've been angry at times and spend useless hours trying to figure out the meaning of all this pain and suffering Mike and I feel. In studying I found that it says "The experiences that come to the children of God are not by accident(Rom 8:28)" We have a loving Heavenly Father who controls the affairs of this world and who has a purpose behind each event and trial." In James 1:2 It says "that we should expect trials, not if, but when they come". In the Bible it says that every trial has a divine purpose, to grow us in relationship with Christ, to build patience, endurance, and character, and compassion for others." It is Satan who comes in and tries to tell us that God doesn't love us or care about our pain. In first Peter 5:10 it says "And the God of all Grace who called you to his eternal Glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while will he himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast. To him be the power Forever and ever". My worst days are when I start questioning God and trying to figure out why this is happening to me. Thats when I start feeling hopeless and having pity party's which are really pathetic and self destructive. After tomorrow I will have 7 treatments left. My prayer is that I finish strong with a good and thankful attitude. Please pray for me that I have peace and joy and an unwavering faith and trust in my Father in heaven. And truly believe "That God works all things for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose"(Romans 8:28) If you yourself are going through hard times I would encourage you to read Psalm 34. Parts of it say The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him and he delivers them. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. And a righteous man may have many troubles but the Lord delivers him from them all, he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken. If I didn't believe and trust that God is a good loving compassionate God who has a purpose for all suffering I would feel hopeless and helpless. In Romans 8:23 it says "Therefore Christians should not be Swift to speak and complain when trials come rather they should be swift to hear the word, trust it, and obey it. After all God works out his will in our lives when wee are patient not when we are angry" Thank you again for all the prayers and support from family and friends. That is what sustains my family. We love you and are so grateful to all of you. Please pray that I finish strong.Love Brandi
Monday, February 1, 2010
NUMBER FIVE
I had someone tell me the other day that they were so upset because it seems like many people who were good people are going through very difficult times in their lives and he was very angry asking why would God allow this? Don't get my wrong there have been many nights where I lay awake crying and wondering why God would allow this to happen to me and my family. I've been angry at times and spend useless hours trying to figure out the meaning of all this pain and suffering Mike and I feel. In studying I found that it says "The experiences that come to the children of God are not by accident(Rom 8:28)" We have a loving Heavenly Father who controls the affairs of this world and who has a purpose behind each event and trial." In James 1:2 It says "that we should expect trials, not if, but when they come". In the Bible it says that every trial has a divine purpose, to grow us in relationship with Christ, to build patience, endurance, and character, and compassion for others." It is Satan who comes in and tries to tell us that God doesn't love us or care about our pain. In first Peter 5:10 it says "And the God of all Grace who called you to his eternal Glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while will he himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast. To him be the power Forever and ever". My worst days are when I start questioning God and trying to figure out why this is happening to me. Thats when I start feeling hopeless and having pity party's which are really pathetic and self destructive. After tomorrow I will have 7 treatments left. My prayer is that I finish strong with a good and thankful attitude. Please pray for me that I have peace and joy and an unwavering faith and trust in my Father in heaven. And truly believe "That God works all things for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose"(Romans 8:28) If you yourself are going through hard times I would encourage you to read Psalm 34. Parts of it say The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him and he delivers them. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. And a righteous man may have many troubles but the Lord delivers him from them all, he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken. If I didn't believe and trust that God is a good loving compassionate God who has a purpose for all suffering I would feel hopeless and helpless. In Romans 8:23 it says "Therefore Christians should not be Swift to speak and complain when trials come rather they should be swift to hear the word, trust it, and obey it. After all God works out his will in our lives when wee are patient not when we are angry" Thank you again for all the prayers and support from family and friends. That is what sustains my family. We love you and are so grateful to all of you. Please pray that I finish strong.Love Brandi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment